intetia fuel cut out

Guest newtr6

opened up a can of worms here,not got one on mine.no holes brackets or spade connectors ,its an original unrestored 1969 6

cp25605

cp25514he

any one know what the he is it is the original engine,cos i brought it from original owner

thanks for all your help

arthur

opened up a can of worms here,not got one on mine.no holes brackets or spade connectors ,its an original unrestored 1969 6

cp25605

cp25514he

any one know what the he is it is the original engine,cos i brought it from original owner

thanks for all your help

arthur

The HE suffix means its a high compression head. I think LE was used for the low compression variant. Ive had a glass of wine so my judgment may be impaired but I recall the E part means it is an Engine.

Stan

cp25605

cp25514he

thanks for all your help

arthur

All good stuff to know & at least you’re no longer looking for something you never had in the first place :lol: ; I would still advise you fit one though. ;)

Still slightly confused; assuming they were fitted from CP52300 as Derek says, why would Triumph have fitted switches to some 5’s, then stopped fitting them on the introduction of the 6 & then started fitting them again from around 1970! :huh:

All good stuff to know & at least you’re no longer looking for something you never had in the first place :lol: ; I would still advise you fit one though. ;)

Still slightly confused; assuming they were fitted from CP52300 as Derek says, why would Triumph have fitted switches to some 5’s, then stopped fitting them on the introduction of the 6 & then started fitting them again from around 1970! :huh:

Being a cynic - because they thought they could cut the costs, and then someone had an accident in 1970, and someone thought whoops! <_<

Richard, I'm 99% sure that the inertia switches were not fitted to any TR5's originally, that would have involved a different wiring harness and at least some mention in the parts books or the weekly Triumph newsletters and to date I've not seen them referred to in that era. The switch was however fitted to both the original TR6 prototype X776 built in March 1968 and to CP25001 built in July 1968, so Triumph were considering fitting them from the off and in fact did fit them to the first Mk2 2.5PI which was introduced I think sometime in 1970. Someone mentioned bean counters and that may well have been the reason.

cheers

Derek

Richard, I'm 99% sure that the inertia switches were not fitted to any TR5's originally, that would have involved a different wiring harness and at least some mention in the parts books or the weekly Triumph newsletters and to date I've not seen them referred to in that era. The switch was however fitted to both the original TR6 prototype X776 built in March 1968 and to CP25001 built in July 1968, so Triumph were considering fitting them from the off and in fact did fit them to the first Mk2 2.5PI which was introduced I think sometime in 1970. Someone mentioned bean counters and that may well have been the reason.

cheers

Derek

Thanks for the info Derek, that would make sense &, as I said, my friends 5 had been “around a bit” so every possibility it was retro-fitted. Not sure how that explains Harry's 5 or Neil’s post. :unsure:

cheers

Derek

Hi Derek

Interesting stuff Derek as I said in my earlier post I have owned 3 Tr5's and various others,two of the 5's did not have this fitted but one did and it was the original wiring loom knacked by the way as you say could have been the bean counters

Cheers

Neil

Edited by ntc