Channel in side screens

I have a TR3A that had the metal frames for the side screens but no insides. I have got the perspex innards now. Can anyone tell me what sort of channel I need to buy. Woolies have two of about the right width (13mm by my measurement) one being a rubber channel, felt inside and the other being a rubber and metal reinforced channel with felt inside. I fancy the latter but not having a real example to look at i can't be sure. Will someone just have a look at their sidescreen and describe the channel to me? Please. Any better ideas on where to get the channel would be good too. Moss don't seem to do parts for sidescreens.

In hope, thanks.

I have a TR3A that had the metal frames for the side screens but no insides. I have got the perspex innards now. Can anyone tell me what sort of channel I need to buy. Woolies have two of about the right width (13mm by my measurement) one being a rubber channel, felt inside and the other being a rubber and metal reinforced channel with felt inside. I fancy the latter but not having a real example to look at i can't be sure. Will someone just have a look at their sidescreen and describe the channel to me? Please. Any better ideas on where to get the channel would be good too. Moss don't seem to do parts for sidescreens.

In hope, thanks.

My trimmer uses the the Woolies rubber channel as the metal reinforced one wont bend properly around the curves.

Stuart.

Hello Jocklow,

Your first posting here, so welcome!

I had the same problem last Summer. And I found the solution in the USA. The Roadster Factory sell complete kits for s/screen renovations. I'm sure they will sell parts of that kit. Look here scroll down to the end of the page

I rebuilt my s/screens twice. The first time, rebuilt them on an early stage of my TR's restoration, and I was quite happy with the result. About a year later, I took them off the shelf and I wasn't pleased at all with the result, so I started again... This time using the full TRF kit. There's no metal reinforcement in the TRF channel. But, don't not make the corners too sharp.

I'm not near my TR today, but I can take pics of the s/screens tomorrow if you want; if you are interested, just PM me and I'll send you some!

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij