Exhaust manifold TR250

The engine for my 250 is buried under most of the remains of the car outside, well wrapped up.

Having bought a cyl head from a 2500S, will a normal TR6, 6 branch exhaust manifold fit, or have I to source one for a 2500S I think the ports are slightly

different in spacing? or are 6 branch manifolds available for both heads please.

Hi Pete,

As far as I know the 2500S head will accept all the 'UK' production sourced components such as inlet and exhaust manifolds, including of course the performance exhaust manifolds. US sourced heads are not compatible with these 'UK' manifolds upto midway through the production of the US TR6 Carb models.

I'm not sure of the dates / numbers but if the tuning bits are originally from the UK you should be OK with the 2500S head.

Usual 'Oooops :unsure: got it wrong' caveats apply !

regards, Chris

A tr250 head has the same exhaust port spacing as all the other 6 cylinder heads so there will be no problem with fitting a standard or performance exhaust manifold.

However it is the inlet port spacing on a tr250 head which causes the problem. You will not be able to use the tr250 inlet manifold with the new head. You will find the inlet holes do not line up although the bolt hole will!

If you want to keep the car on carbs you will need to buy the 2500s inlet manifold and SU carbs, the standard jets should be fine.

If you want to retain the strombergs they will also fit a 2500s manifold (although mine were difficult to set up once all the emission stuff was removed so i fitted the su's from the 2500s manifold)

If you have difficulty finding one I think i still have the 2500s inlet manifold.

What a couple of replies thanks lads.

And Red the opportunity to buy your manifold yes please let me know cost and post if you have it. contact details

0161 494 5047

fenlon7@googlemail.com

regards

Pete