Garage door crushes Tr6.......nearly

Hi All,

A cautionary tale. :(

This afternoon, i pushed the button in the garage to open the door (double so heavy), all seemed normal, until i heard a bolt pop out of one of the top hinges :blink: closely followed by a second. :unsure::blink:

I immediately pushed button once more to shut of power. :huh: By that time the door was hanging on by one hinge which promptly gave way and the hold thing headed straight for my car. :o:o

It came to a stop with a shudder a foot away from the bonnet, and was only stopped from going any further by the central electric spindle drive which had buckled under the weight. :(:(

Fortunately the cars ok, :rolleyes: the garage door needs work

So ........... Do check that all bolts etc are tight.

Cheers

Guy

Its one of those "OH ****!!!!!" moments we all dread!!

Had a similar event with my single door when the metal cable snapped :o

The 4ft long spring that tensions the cable swung down and missed the bonnet by microns!!

"Car newly painted" :wacko:

Fortunately,I was still holding onto the door,but had to shout for my neighbour to assist as I had instinctively wedged myself between it and the bonnet!! :blink:

Luckily it was only me that was damaged with a slightly bruised shoulder!! :rolleyes:

A stiff drink,a change of underwear and a cold shower to wash the sweat off calmed me down a tad!!

I still sweat when I think about how close it was,and I was quite sore for a week!!