engine start-up after rebuild

John

Copper pipe, eh !

Plan B then. Fix the fuel pump and test again.If it works ...live with the incorrect set up of the supply feed to the back instead of the front carb ?

A temporary test with tubing, to see if the correct path produces an improvement.Switch lids.Any tubing of the correct internal diameter would do for the short test BUT not as a permanent solution.The piping should be fuel resistant.

Plan C Cut the copper tube to the front carb having switched the lids and use your now spare short length of copper tube to connect front carb to the back carb ? ( Make sure you remove any metal swarf...you can blow it through, if you do it when the fuel supply to the pump is blocked ....at the time of the pump overhaul. A mini pipe cutter ..for brake pipes, is the cleaner option rather a hacksaw ).

Safety first,car outside the garage well away from building,sheds any thig flammable etc. check for fuel leaks , a second pair of eyes is useful, rags to catch spills, fire extinguisher at the ready

As far as I'm aware there are no vents in the lids.On HS type carbs the vent hole is in the black plastic damper cap to cope with rise and fall of the piston.

Bob

THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM: BOTH FLOATCHAMBERS DO HAVE AN AIRVENT

THE ONE WITHE THE 2 PETROLFEED PIPES HAS A ALMOST CONCEALED AIRVENT

THE FRONT LID HAS AN OVERFLOWPIPE/AIRVENT AND THAT IS THE ONE WE CAPPED!!

HAVE TO WAIT NOW FOR THE FUELPUMP KIT BEFORE I CAN TRY AGAIN

SHOULD RUN SWEET THEN!!