Hi all, your assistance needed again please.

I am currently wiring my TR2 restoration, working from front to back, and have come to the heater connection. My query relates to the cable connection between the heater rheostat and the windscreen wiper switch. The manual says that the connection must be to the live side (left hand side) of the windscreen wiper switch. Assuming that the the original black/green wire and the green wire could have been fitted either way around previously, could someone please advise if I should be making the heater rheostat connection with the black/green wire on the windscreen wiper switch or with the green wire on the same switch. :blink:

I appreciate this is probably a very simple question to the electrical boffins among you, so I would be very grateful if you could help out a duffer like me who really struggles to understand electrikery, and who doesn't really want to set fire to his almost completed restoration.

Regretably this probably won't be my last electrical query before I get to the back of the car !

Thank you in anticipation

Regards

Trevor.

Hi all, your assistance needed again please.

I am currently wiring my TR2 restoration, working from front to back, and have come to the heater connection. My query relates to the cable connection between the heater rheostat and the windscreen wiper switch. The manual says that the connection must be to the live side (left hand side) of the windscreen wiper switch. Assuming that the the original black/green wire and the green wire could have been fitted either way around previously, could someone please advise if I should be making the heater rheostat connection with the black/green wire on the windscreen wiper switch or with the green wire on the same switch. :blink:

I appreciate this is probably a very simple question to the electrical boffins among you, so I would be very grateful if you could help out a duffer like me who really struggles to understand electrikery, and who doesn't really want to set fire to his almost completed restoration.

Regretably this probably won't be my last electrical query before I get to the back of the car !

Thank you in anticipation

Regards

Trevor.

Trevor its the green.

Stuart

Hello Trevor,

as a guide the main colour, in this case green, but could be brown, blue, white and so on is the start or source and the tracer colours then tell you the subsequent connection. It is important that the main colour is listed first and the tracer second or you will be totally misled.

This link should help you with future wiring work. (Ford and Vauxhall, I think don't follow this code)

http://www.zen11896.zen.co.uk/vixen/parts/LucasColours.html

Alec