Urgent info required on Trunions for Angouleme runner

Had a call from a friend of Ian and Celias, A guy called John who is planning to race tomorrow. He had an off today and needs an upright and trunion I have a pair of 3° uprights and trunions for a 4 Do you know if They could be used to directly replace a 0° TR3A type and would the top ball joint tapered end fit ok ? I have both types of ball joints here but only 3° trunions unless I have to dismantle the TR2 but I do not know what state the trunions are on that Any help apprecited

Cheers Alan

Under control now, we hope !

A Sabre running in the same race as the Peerless had the vertical link jump out of the trunnion - it's TR3A front end.

Sabre owner and Ian are now rushing over to Alan, whilst he and I have been comparing thoughts by phone, and liaising via Diane at Angouleme. Fingers crossed !

Looks like Ian won't be noshing at the driver's big dinner then ?

Cheers,

Alec

They've been removed the parts and gone so hopefully the saber will race tomorrow. They rang the rest of the team when they were here and apparently the nosh was not great :( , but Ian reckoned that the crew were trying to be kind as they had missed the socializing and food and still have an hour and a bits drive to get back to Angouleme on small country roads :blink:

Oh and apparently it was not an off the trunion collapsed going slowly round the corner in town :huh:

Edited by Kiwifrog