Bosch Fuel Pump Conversion, Help!

When you guys convert to the Bosch pump from the Lucas, what is the Bosch pump part number, and, what cars was it originally used on? Also, can you buy the bracket that will hold the filter and pump separate? Or, do you just spend about 300 lbs. on the kit from the PI master? Thanks for any help you give, and Cheers

Hi

This information has been posted previously, so the cost may have risen!

Bosch has rationalised their range and the choice appears to be between: -

a) 0 580 254 909 Universal Fit

B) 0 580 254 996 Direct Fit

The flow rates for both these pumps are in excess of 90 litres/hour.

The 996 pump is usually the one supplied with the kits available from such as: -

TRGB £259 inc vat

TR Bitz £194 -

Moss £264 -

Pumps can be purchased separately one source being Camco Fuel Injection Supplies, Unit129, Hoyle Street, Warrington, WA5 5LR. Tel 01925 455688.

a) 909 pump £85 inc vat

B) 996 - £135 -

The original fuel filter can be retained or replaced with a Fram filter of similar capacity such as G 6400, which is easily fitted, more compact, easier to change, costs less than £10, and can be fixed anywhere convenient using an ignition coil type bracket.

Mike G

And when it all goes pear-shaped and you're on your own because you enterprisingly assembled a bitsa :P here's where you can get the test equipment at low cost:

Hydrotechnik's 0-10 bar gauges ( 9801-01-00.10) glycerine filled, stainless steel body, http://www.hydrotechnik.co.uk/gauges.htm

Their Minimess test point SNA02 can be permanently fitted to the inlet of the metering unit so testing the fuel pressure takes a matter of seconds: http://www.hydrotechnik.co.uk/Minimess_1620_SNA_BSP.htm

The microbore hose ( 2 metres long ) S100-AC-FA-02.00 to connect it all together: http://www.hydrotechnik.co.uk/Minimess_mic..._hose_AC-FA.htm

If you do a TR6 forum search Bosch +part you will acquire a profusion of knowledge.

Ivor

There's one on eBay now - though I don't agree with some of the Technical Spec details. Caveat Emptor I'm afraid.

I bought a 'Bosch' pump on eBay for a spare, now it may be perfectly good, I haven't yet the equipment to test it, but nowhere does it say 'Bosch' or any other maker's name.

Best ask the seller is it genuine Bosch, or a clone.

And I agree about the spec, the PI needs a 115 psi pump, not 5.0 bar. <_<

Ivor