Girling rear axle inner oil seal replacement

Inner oil seal appears to have gone as there is oil all over the outside of the back plate. I have never taken this apart so have been studying the not very clear exploded drawings in the manual.

It would appear that all I need to do is to undo the six bolts and slide the whole hub assembly including half shaft out to reveal the seal.

This all seems much to easy so I have probably got it wrong. Nothing is ever that easy.

Can someone who has taken this lot apart advise how little I can get away with in terms of disassembly to simply replace the inner oil seal.

Yes, it is that easy to get at the inner seals, however, if it is the hub bearing seal that is a different story, as Alec has said. When you slide the halfshaft and hub out you will be able to see if the brake drum, shoes etc are covered in grease, indeed you will see the grease oozing out of the hub if it is the hub seal. Fingers crossed that it is the inner one!

Rod