Hi all,

One of our forum members from across the ocean is currently visiting Holland. Tomorrow we are going to have a look at the car. I think it's nice to meet people like this!

Anyway, some pics. I've received a few PMs about the alternator position and the wiring.

* On the pic of the RH side of the car, the starter motor and the exhaust are further apart than it looks on the picture.

* I was unable to get an original style tank sender from Moss, so Alan built one for me, using various parts, but with the correct figures regarding Ohms etc. It was tried and tested and it works.

* The metal box on the RH side of the bulkhead is the cover of the power block. Due to the angle of the camera, the cover appears to be larger than it really is. And the cover is off to the powder coater to be coated in 'wrinkle black'

* 'Form follows function': as we did with all brake pipes: they follow the contours of the car. We did this last winter with the chassis, we do it now. Not on this picture: the brake pipe from the cylinder to the 5-way splitter follows the upper edge of the bulkhead, above and around the powerblock cover, down to the splitter.

Menno

P1020278-1.jpg

P1020280-1.jpg

P1020283-1.jpg

P1020268-1.jpg

Hi Menno,

Just a couple of observations -

1. The fuel tank hold down straps had black felt cushioning strips under them, and a piece of felt beneath the tank, so the tank's held tightly down with no squeaks. Of course the flat piece beneath the tank may be there unseen in the pic. However, the felt beneath the tank was a notorious rust trap, and soft rubber is a better option.

2. Are your authorities OK with copper brake pipes, if you are using them on the pressure side of the master cylinder ?. Obviously it's not so important with the replenish lines from the reservoir, as copper is certainly easier to bend into those contorted shapes needed. Nor is the clutch slave cylinder feed line likely to be an issue. Just something to check, as our roadworthy testing stations won't approve them.

Regards,

Viv.

Viv,

Nice thinking! There's a rubber cushion between the bottom of the tank and the tub; the sort that we used between the chassis rails and the tub. And you are right about the rubber strip between the tank and the black straps. It's been installed. On this picture, we were trial fitting things: we attachted the strip and pushed in the strip afterwards. Then we bolted it all down. Rock solid!

And yes, overhere in Holland, one is allowed to use copper pipes! I didn't know that there were certain rules about that in other countries!

My visitors (I will not mention their names on the Internet ---privacy etc., but they are known to us Forum users) had a pleasant visit to the workshop, I think. Great talking about TRs and car restoration with people from around the globe.

Menno