Repair of Vacuum unit

Is it possible to repair a vacuum unit where the diaphragm has been punctured. If so where can I find a guide.

I have a working one on the car but it is badly worn. I have a spare which is in good external condition (ie not worn but the diaphragm is punctured. It is not the end of the world if I destroy it in the process but there is no point wasting time and effort if no one has managed to do it before.

thanks

Ian

I dont believe its possible, but someones bound to prove me wrong, I've repaired the rod when its parted company with the vac unit and about everything else on on a distributor but not the Vac, appears completely sealed and would be a ******* to get into neatly.

Might be worth checking if the Vac units are interchangeable between ceratin lucas distributors as I've picked up spare dizzys for my 65 Triumph 2000 and others, for no more than a tenner each and exchanged the vac units before.

TR4s bound to be more expensive though, I'll check the numbers on my TR4 vac unit against the 2000 unit.

Cheers

Darren

Hello Ian,

just be aware that as most things distributor (Lucas ones at least) there are many different specifications for similar looking parts. Not a problem if you drive with a lead foot however :-)

Alec