It’s difficult to accurately asses from the pic. as the l/h ear is out of focus, there is nothing like a real “eyeball”! The bit around the shaft periphery looks either a casting defect or (more likely) where someone has graunched it in a vice or something. That l/h ear is the most worrying as it may be distorted & no longer round; that won’t make fitting the U/J bearing cup easy & wont do much for the U/J’s life expectancy either; personally, I would not accept a unit that looked like that!

It’s difficult to accurately asses from the pic. as the l/h ear is out of focus, there is nothing like a real “eyeball”! The bit around the shaft periphery looks either a casting defect or (more likely) where someone has graunched it in a vice or something. That l/h ear is the most worrying as it may be distorted & no longer round; that won’t make fitting the U/J bearing cup easy & wont do much for the U/J’s life expectancy either; personally, I would not accept a unit that looked like that!

Hi richard the ear looks fine it was my dodgy picture taking but its the bit around the shaft i thought looked wrong,its the same on both hubs,you could be right about being put in a vice,iam waiting for a reply from the supplier.

regards nick.