Hi all, The seats in my 3 are sagging and i was wondering what seats are available out there, i quite fancy a pair of bucket type, has anybody fitted them, are they comfy, expensive, easy to fit, who supplies them? if anybody has fitted a pair i would be gratefull for any info. Cheers Bill. :rolleyes:

After 80,000 miles from new, the seat cushions in my 1958 TR3A seats were sagging. Naturally, the one on the driver's side was down more. BTW, I weighed about 150 lbs at that time. From 1987 to 1990, I did my full body-off restoration and could see inside the seat cushions from the bottom and many of the original springs were broken. So I un-spiralled some bits of a broken spring and took these to a local re-upholstery shop. He gave me about 10 or 15 and I spiralled these new springs up among the old and broken springs from the bottom of the seat cushion, then I used my vice-grip pliers to bend over the last coil against the bottom grid to keep them in place. My seats have been perfect with only a tiny bit of sagging since 1990. During that period, I drove over 98,000 miles and my seats are so comfortable, I have driven long trips up to 700 miles a day on several occasions with no backaches. I now weigh about 175 lbs.

And my TR3A still looks like it did originally. Last Friday, I celebrated 50 years of ownership of my TR3A from new.

You could do the same and save a lot of money and trouble getting other seats to fit.

After 80,000 miles from new, the seat cushions in my 1958 TR3A seats were sagging. Naturally, the one on the driver's side was down more. BTW, I weighed about 150 lbs at that time. From 1987 to 1990, I did my full body-off restoration and could see inside the seat cushions from the bottom and many of the original springs were broken. So I un-spiralled some bits of a broken spring and took these to a local re-upholstery shop. He gave me about 10 or 15 and I spiralled these new springs up among the old and broken springs from the bottom of the seat cushion, then I used my vice-grip pliers to bend over the last coil against the bottom grid to keep them in place. My seats have been perfect with only a tiny bit of sagging since 1990. During that period, I drove over 98,000 miles and my seats are so comfortable, I have driven long trips up to 700 miles a day on several occasions with no backaches. I now weigh about 175 lbs.

And my TR3A still looks like it did originally. Last Friday, I celebrated 50 years of ownership of my TR3A from new.

You could do the same and save a lot of money and trouble getting other seats to fit.

Congratulations Don on 50 years of ownership. I 've had mine for only 36 years. Regards Dick.