hi has any one got some photos of the inside of there surrey top and rear section? i am just retriming mine and would welcome any photos and tips to help me out. thanks

:

No photos yet but see thread last dated 2 May between BrianC and me.

Brian's description is good enough to describe the back fitting.

But how do you get rid of the corner creases?!

Best wishes,

John

No photos yet but see thread last dated 2 May between BrianC and me.

Brian's description is good enough to describe the back fitting.

But how do you get rid of the corner creases?!

Best wishes,

John

Hi John,

Have you bitten the bullet yet?

What corner creases?

Do you mean in the headlining material if it has been folded? A roll of headlining material came with Lynda's car when we bought it, but was badly creased from years of storage. We just ironed it with a fairly cool iron to avoid melting the plastic and then left it rolled round a big cardboard tube until we needed it.

However, if you mean the creases in the folds when fitting on curves and corners, then you simply need to cut V-shaped darts as you would when trimming the door panels, etc., so that there is no overlapping/double thickness. Cut them one at a time as you stick each section down (using contact adhesive), working from the centre outwards.

Sorry, I still haven't had chance to take it off for photos - maybe after Prescott.