Hi everyone ,can you help me please ?

I have a 1967 TR4A bought as a partial restoration, I am now coming to the end of the work but no matter how I try I cannot work out how the wires adjacent to the speedo head connect

the wires are disconnected at the moment, but no matter what combonation I use I cannot get the indicators to work

the wires i have are as follows;-

from the main loom ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2 seperate green wires with white trcers

2 seperate green wires with red tracers

1 green wire with brown tracer

1 green wire with black tracer

from the steering column 1 green wire with white tracer

1 green wire with red tracer

1 light green wire with light broen tracer

I know that it seems all G&R wires go to gether and the same for the G&W wires but it won't work

Can any one help me please

many thanks chris batchelor

For a lhd TR4, 1962, don't know how original it was!

amazing clear photos, that might help solve the green with the black tracer ,which seems to be for theinstrument lighting circuit,but it unfortunately won't solve my indicator prob'

thanks, much appreciated, happy tr'ing

Re the indicator switch- the manual shows the green/brown wire going to the flasher unit, the green/white wire going to both front indicators and the green/red wire going to both rear indicators. However, I cant see how this can work as I think that when you indicate one way the front lamps will flash, and when you indicate the other way the rears will flash together. I would have thought that the green/red must go to the front and rear on one side and the green/white to both lamps on the other side.

I have checked another wiring diagram and it shows, indeed, the green/red wire going to the left hand front and rear and the green/white going to both right hand lamps. The green/brown goes to the "L" terminal on the flasher unit.

Now I have found what I was looking for- go to www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf and all will be revealed!!

Hi everyone ,can you help me please ?

I have a 1967 TR4A bought as a partial restoration, I am now coming to the end of the work but no matter how I try I cannot work out how the wires adjacent to the speedo head connect

the wires are disconnected at the moment, but no matter what combonation I use I cannot get the indicators to work

the wires i have are as follows;-

from the main loom ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2 seperate green wires with white trcers

2 seperate green wires with red tracers

1 green wire with brown tracer

1 green wire with black tracer

from the steering column 1 green wire with white tracer

1 green wire with red tracer

1 light green wire with light broen tracer

I know that it seems all G&R wires go to gether and the same for the G&W wires but it won't work

Can any one help me please

many thanks chris batchelor

According to wiring diagram

Green with red are from switch to the left indiactors

Green with white are from switch to the right lamps

green with brown comes from the flasher unit to switch

Light green with purple goes from flasher to indicator light (this might be light green with brown by now)

The colours you have seem to be non standard per wring diagram, but you should have a horn wire which would be live all the time, the indicator power will go on/off with ignition key. Waht colour is the wire at the flasher unit ?

Mike