I use my TR4A for historic rallying and while regular 20/50w oils are fine for road use I lose compression after things have heated up when competing on tests or night sections - presumably because the oil gets hot / thin. Everything returns to normal (good compression) once things cool down again. Can anyone recommend an oil that can be used as an everyday oil that is ok in older engines and will retain compression when operating at high at high temperature?

Thanks

:(

I used to use Penrite 20/60 in my TR4 which was quite good but thinned out after 5 laps of Goodwood! I currently use Millers Classic Sport which is a semi synthetic 20/50 and is really good. I t is recommended by the leading Engine Builders. You may have to contact Millers to find a stockist near to you 01484 713201.

Regards

John Weedon