I bought a heater unit recently off Ebay, the advert said it was for a TR4A. I have had the heater core renovated and the casing stove enamalled. I now thnk that the unit came from a TR6 as it has four outlets. Before I fit it into my car what should I do with the extra outlets apart from blank them over? From looking at the Moss catalogue it appears that two of the outlets go to footwell and fascia air vents. If I left them open would they provide additional warm air to the footwell and would they effect the warm air flow when the heater flap is opened?

Thanks

Graham,

If you are after a good case for a TR4 heater, you could swap your case with mine. I have a recently powdercoated TR4 heater case without the extra outlets that mean your heater is from a TR6.

I think you will find that all of your heater internals will fit into a TR4 heater.

For some particular modification reasons I will be fitting a TR6 heater into my TR4.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards

David

Graham,

If you are after a good case for a TR4 heater, you could swap your case with mine. I have a recently powdercoated TR4 heater case without the extra outlets that mean your heater is from a TR6.

I think you will find that all of your heater internals will fit into a TR4 heater.

For some particular modification reasons I will be fitting a TR6 heater into my TR4.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the offer. I think I would like to keep the case that I have, at least for now. Can I ask what modifications you are going to make to your 4?

Regards

Graham