Seat

Guest spilch

Can anyone recommend a suitable, competition seat for use in my TR7 V8 DHC. I am 6ft tall and most seats I have looked at have a too deep base making the driving position too high with my head sticking out above roll cage.

regards

Steve

Steve.  All the TRR 7v8 racers I've seen have had the good sense to stick to turret top cars.  I guess they are cheaper to buy and better to race.

The only DHC I can recall seeing at a race was driven by Hugh Maund.  He does not post on the forum.

Pehaps you might try John Wolfe John Wolfe's TR7V8 and Spit racing pages with your query?

Hope you get sorted.

Malcolm.

Guest jeram-croft

My mate Maund does indeed race a convertible and is about 6'2".  The only way he could solve the problem was to lower the floor, ie cut it out the higer bits at the side and the longitudinal section on the right and lower it about an inch.  I got in it the other day to do the brakes as we took it off the trailer and promply dissapeared from sight - to everyones elses mirth (I am slightly shorter!)  No seat will solve the problem if you are too tall.  The alternative would be to raise the roll cage somehow but if you want to fit a soft top or even a hard top later then you are in trouble.

Larry J-C