horn slip ring contact

hi guys

doing some work on the beast and I would like to swap the momentary button mounted under the dash and activate the horn push in the centre of the aftermarket moto lita steering wheel. The moto lita has a hole in the bottom of the boss to take the pencil carbon brush. ( i am familliar with this arrangement from AH frogeye but have not seen it in TR)

I have removed the wheel and am looking at the steering wheel shroud which contains the steering colum coming up through the centre and the indicator switch on the left and the OD switch on the right.

There is no slip ring to make contact with the carbon brush.

My question is - how does the slip ring mount inside the shroud - obviouslty it needs to be insulated from earth. If I order a "slip ring" from moss or other supplier do I just get the brass ring contact or do I get the whole thing that mounts inside the shroud. It looks quite tight in there and whatever it is has to be pretty thin to clear the indicator switch mechanism.

Anyone got one lying around they want to get rid of

cheers

andrew

Andrew,

About 3/8" down inside the top of the steering column shroud should be a disc, the perimeter flange of this disc project up and finishes very close to the top of the shroud.

The perimeter flange has four tabs cut into it.

The slip ring sits onto the disc and tabs are turned inwards to hold the bakerlite section of the slip ring securely in place.

I do have a spare column shroud with slip ring fitted if you are interested.

Send me your e-mail address and I can forward some pictures.

Regards, Richard