Replacing indicator switch

Guest Wyn

Nothing is ever easy when working under the dash of one of these cars, you need watchmaker hands and a body of a 5 year old. I've replaced either this or the o/d switch in the past but don't seem to have had this problem. I've taken off the upper part of the steering column clamp but despite many efforts, have failed to get the harness cover to release from the clamp to enable me to run the new switch cable. I have undone the bottom bracket but it seems to be holding, I'm limited by the dash facia as to how high I can lift the steering column. The manual shows the harness cover as flat but something is stopping it from sliding out and I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar problems or can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

Wyn

Hi Wyn

Having recently had to replace my column light switch,due to I snapped it off! :blink: "My thanks to pogo for the replacement!!" I can tell you it wasn't easy!

The harness cover has its own small clamp which is very hard to see and get at! It is at the lower end of the cover,Its almost like a spring jubilee clip with a screw,"posidrive head" at the top,once you've undone this,lever it down and slide it down the column.

At the top of the cover is a small bent tab bit of metal that locates it to the upper column when you slide it back up.

Straighten this before you slide it in & out as it will scratch the underside of the column and it will also make it easier to slide in/out.

Good luck!

Dave

Hiya Wyn!

Yep!! The hoods fitted and looks brill, :P.

I am going to fit my frame this weekend as its still almost as new condition.

Bonnets being redone this w/e due to some fisheyes!

I also have the hood liner to fit when it comes back!

Just got a new front end/eng bay grommet kit to fit as well.

Cheers Dave