Front Panel Enamel Badge

Can anyone tell me exactly where this should be positioned. I know this might sound pedantic but I have recently acquired a badge and it would seem a pity to guess the position. Obviously it fits on the centre line of the car but how far back on the front panel? I had a look at as many cars as I could at Stoneleigh but no two cars looked the same!

Edited by Maz
  • 4 weeks later...

Maz,

Because of so many variations of where it was finally fitted and a million other BL reasons there isn't really a cast iron place. The simplest guide line I've seen and the one I use is to draw a line from the centre of the headlamp pods from one side to the other then one down the middle of the raised bonnet bump down to the pointed end on the headlamp panel. Where they cross is the spot. Most cars are in this area. It puts it central and just slightly forward of the centre of the headlamp panel.

Hope that helps

Richard

I know it is not the plastic badge but this is what I did with the laurel leaf last week

First I had to mark it all out to find the centre of the front panel

DSC00195.jpg

Then the centre of the badge

DSC00196.jpg

Removed the backing and offered it up to the car

DSC00197.jpg

With everything looking ok using a squeegee put it firmly on to the car

DSC00198.jpg

Removed the front paper and as if by magic all done… :lol:

DSC00200.jpg

Maz,

Because of so many variations of where it was finally fitted and a million other BL reasons there isn't really a cast iron place. The simplest guide line I've seen and the one I use is to draw a line from the centre of the headlamp pods from one side to the other then one down the middle of the raised bonnet bump down to the pointed end on the headlamp panel. Where they cross is the spot. Most cars are in this area. It puts it central and just slightly forward of the centre of the headlamp panel.

Hope that helps

Richard

Thanks Richard, will use that info.

Maz

• 4 weeks later...

Have you looked at the 'original tr7/tr8' book?

Measured this on my last car before I stripped it down and the centre line of the enamel badge was on a line drawn between the tops of the rubber headlamp inserts (if that makes any sense!)

last two attempts at posting this failed, but this months TR Driver's club magazine has a reprinted article that dimensions exactly where all the badges are located on all the different versions.

Howard