what have i done wrong now

Hey up its me again

I put new points , condenser , rotor arm in and set the timing everything running like a dream ,

went for a run on saturday in the sunshine , and thought it was ticking over a bit fast so with renewed confidence i pulled over lifted the bonnet and turned the air screw until t was ticking over at 800 rpm and now it runs as rough as a robbers dog.

ive tried turning the air screw back again but it still runs rough.

One of these days il learn to leave well alone.

Can any of you kind people shed any light

Hey up its me again

I put new points , condenser , rotor arm in and set the timing everything running like a dream ,

went for a run on saturday in the sunshine , and thought it was ticking over a bit fast so with renewed confidence i pulled over lifted the bonnet and turned the air screw until t was ticking over at 800 rpm and now it runs as rough as a robbers dog.

ive tried turning the air screw back again but it still runs rough.

One of these days il learn to leave well alone.

Can any of you kind people shed any light

Humm,

been there done that, know what you mean.

When you set the timing what was the rpm, think you should set timing with idle at 850-900, may be that all it is , so i would re check your timing as a first thought.

Hope this may be of some help.

Guy

Check your points havent closed up!

It happened to me! Running perfect then,after lunch it was really rough! ???

I thought I hadnt tightened it enough,it happened twice more!! :blink: It took me ages to find out that it was the points retaining screws thread that was worn!

So as it warmed up it worked itself loose!

Check your points havent closed up!

It happened to me! Running perfect then,after lunch it was really rough! ???

I thought I hadnt tightened it enough,it happened twice more!! :blink: It took me ages to find out that it was the points retaining screws thread that was worn!

So as it warmed up it worked itself loose!

Guy when the timing was set tickover was around 850

Pilgrim il try a new rotor soon

Pilkie could it realy be such a coincidence to happen just as i try to adjust the tickover i know its going to happen sooner or later but i didnt think i was that unlucky