Faulty fuel level indicator

My first question got uploaded OK so here goes with the second one.

My fuel level indicator shows a third full when it is almost empty. I was told this could be possibly due to a faulty voltage regulator.

I purchased a new one but can't find where it is mounted on the car!!!

I have looked in the engine compartment and under the dash so before I start taking covers off etc, can someone please tell me where it is.

Many thanks for looking.

Graham

My first question got uploaded OK so here goes with the second one.

My fuel level indicator shows a third full when it is almost empty. I was told this could be possibly due to a faulty voltage regulator.

I purchased a new one but can't find where it is mounted on the car!!!

I have looked in the engine compartment and under the dash so before I start taking covers off etc, can someone please tell me where it is.

Many thanks for looking.

Graham

HI

Voltage regulator is usually found mounted on the side footwell next to the accelerator pedal (assuming RHD). You will need a torch and the body of a contortionist but it is fairly easy to replace. Hope this helps!!

HI

Voltage regulator is usually found mounted on the side footwell next to the accelerator pedal (assuming RHD). You will need a torch and the body of a contortionist but it is fairly easy to replace. Hope this helps!!

Dear tr-iffic

I have checked and it's there - how did I miss it ??????

When do you think you will have time to fit it?

You have saved me from uncovering the fuel tank this weekend. The regulator will be fitted in the morning.

A VERY BIG THANKS.

Regards

Graham

Hiya,

Does the temp gauge read oddly as well?

If not, it may not be the regulator and a fault with the sender in the fuel tank.

However, I agree that the regulator is very much the easier starting point! :lol:

Hope it's a simple fix. You can get solid-state replacement regulators that are supposedly more reliable than the originals.

cheers

Adey

Hiya,

Does the temp gauge read oddly as well?

If not, it may not be the regulator and a fault with the sender in the fuel tank.

However, I agree that the regulator is very much the easier starting point! :lol:

Hope it's a simple fix. You can get solid-state replacement regulators that are supposedly more reliable than the originals.

cheers

Adey

Hi Adey

I have managed to replace the regulator with no effect.

And yes, the temp gauge hardly moves.

What do you suggest.

Regards

Graham