electric fan on a TR2

I know that TS2 has an electric fan fitted between the grill and front of the radiator, only seen with difficulty. Does anyone know the type of fan fitted as the space is very small and did it need the radiator moving back towards the engine?. The engine fan was still in place, so it meant that you got the cooling, but it still looked original.

I know that TS2 has an electric fan fitted between the grill and front of the radiator, only seen with difficulty. Does anyone know the type of fan fitted as the space is very small and did it need the radiator moving back towards the engine?. The engine fan was still in place, so it meant that you got the cooling, but it still looked original.

Pacet perhaps. These are thin (not too deep). Actually, the dimensions of the fans are on their website.

Menno

Just as interest I removed the fan on TS952 as 'something' came up from underneath the car on the A39 and bent the lower 2" of one blade by about 30deg. Interesting vibration by the way. I had an old kenlow for which I made up brackets and put behind the rad but I genuinely used it only 3-4 times in 2007, once in Tavistock and a couple of times waiting to get in shows. The air flow through the rad on the 2 is great at virtually any speed. Definitely not going to bother to replace the original fan.

Nigel

TS1144 - Up till 1993, I always had a heating problem in my 1958 TR3A when I stopped for 5 minutes or more in traffic. I installed a 12" Kenlowe fan that I bought in Maidenhead on one of my business trips to England. I fabricated a bracket because I thought that it was poor design (read Mickey Mouse) to mount it with long screws between the fins. It fits nicely in front of the radiator with no problem on my TR3A. I chose the 12" fan so the hole for the hand-crank would be free. Since 1993 when I installed it, I have never had an overheat problem. I have a switch hidden under the dashboard to turn it on and off. Like TS2, mine is very hard to see through the wide grille. I kept the original fan to reduce the risk of harmonic vibrations in the crankshaft and for the concours judges.

TS1144 - Up till 1993, I always had a heating problem in my 1958 TR3A when I stopped for 5 minutes or more in traffic. I installed a 12" Kenlowe fan that I bought in Maidenhead on one of my business trips to England. I fabricated a bracket because I thought that it was poor design (read Mickey Mouse) to mount it with long screws between the fins. It fits nicely in front of the radiator with no problem on my TR3A. I chose the 12" fan so the hole for the hand-crank would be free. Since 1993 when I installed it, I have never had an overheat problem. I have a switch hidden under the dashboard to turn it on and off. Like TS2, mine is very hard to see through the wide grille. I kept the original fan to reduce the risk of harmonic vibrations in the crankshaft and for the concours judges.

Thanks Don, but the Two does not have the gap the 3A has, the grill is much closer to the radiator. In normal running I have no problem and since having the bonnet louvered, run at about 175 degrees. Problem is once a year I go on a local parade that means a slow run of about one hour, followed by a procession into the local park that can alsoi be about half an hour. when this happens my TR2 starts to steam. My modern car in the same place would have started its electric fan. Several local TR members have bottled out of the run ( Peter) but if I repeat TS2 , the fan can not be seen, and the original is still in place.

Chris Bowns