Factory anti-sway bar for TR4: dimensions?

I would like to fit a factory anti-sway bar on my 1962 TR4, and all the parts are available except the bar itself. I can probably estimate all the dimensions, but does anyone have an original bar to measure? The diameter is only 9/16", and apparently it doesn't do much,but I'm looking for originality. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Larry, the Addco sway bar is an excellent product, and actually works better than the factory bar. However, I'm hopefully building a show car and thus looking for 100% originality. I've ordered the mounting parts, which are all available, and I've found two shops that can fabricte the bar, so I will bolt the mounts on the car aand take measurements to make a drawing of the bar. I may even mock up a bar out of copper tubing to check the fit. If I can do this successfully, I will post the results here.

Surely, if you are having a bar fabricated locally, it cannot be an original Triumph bar, so how do you maintain 100% originality?

Ian Cornish (a.k.a. the Devil's Advocate!)

Surely, if you are having a bar fabricated locally, it cannot be an original Triumph bar, so how do you maintain 100% originality?

Ian Cornish (a.k.a. the Devil's Advocate!)

Hi Ian, the Triumph Register of America Concours Guidelines judge both originality and condition. A reproduction part in new condition is better than an original part in rough condition. In this case, I have no choice. All the parts will be reproduction, but they will duplicate the original.

Cheers,

Juri

Myles, thank you for those measurements. It saves me a great deal of effort, and is greatly appreciated. I'll PM you for the photo, if you'd be so kind as to send one. That will help in the fabrication re the configuration of the ends.

Juri