TR3A Hardtop problems

I have a post 60,000 body, the brackets which fit beneath the rear alloy cappings bolt into holes which are already drilled in the body shell, the brackets which bolt in are adjustable by

around 10mm either way, the hardtop has 5 slots for the rear mounting brackets which push in and arent adjustable by very much at all, I made new brackets, for I posted 2 examples of mine to a TR man called Tommy in Germany last year, for him to copy and then he promised to post them back to me, I'm still waiting, thanks tommy.

I had the brackets nickel plated, the hardtop relined, drove over the rear window! thats another story.

Drilled the windscreen after resting the hardtop on the body and marking it out and fitted the windscreen brackets.

These fitted well, but the rear ones were way out of line, only the rear centre lined up OK, the other rear 2 are half an inch and three quarters of an inch out of line and the 2 on either side of the body are

an inch out of kilter, I will have to fit individually made brackets unless one of you blokes can tell me where I have gone wrong, I hope you can.

regards

Peter

Peter is your hard top steel or fibre? On the steel ones the "L" shaped brackets lip down into the brackets on the hard top and are located with a short slotted screw. Its not unusual to have to elongate the hole in the "L" that the chrome mounting bolt goes down through but its not normally as much as you describe. Can you post some pictures?

Stuart.

Peter is your hard top steel or fibre? On the steel ones the "L" shaped brackets lip down into the brackets on the hard top and are located with a short slotted screw. Its not unusual to have to elongate the hole in the "L" that the chrome mounting bolt goes down through but its not normally as much as you describe. Can you post some pictures?

Stuart.

Hello Stuart,

its a steel one, Ihavent a clue how to post a picture , last time i tried it was too many megachews or something, I am in awe of those like menno who can post pics

brilliantly. I will try and get to know from my son how to squash them.

regards

Peter