Alternator upgrade

I have a '68 TR5PI. Having read and notice how readily the Bosch pump and other itemms are affected as you use the electrics, e.g. turn on fan listen to pump slow down then recover etc and read various recommendations suggestions about uprated alternators , bought on. 45 amp from Moss. The wiring documentation I have access to suggests that the current alternator should have 3 wires exiting the alternator going to the 'control box'. Mine only has 2 both brown/yellow one thick one thin. Control box is mounted on inside of wing and appears to be 'connected'. Questions are really, if I swap altrernator to typoe with control box inside what should I do with wiring ? Any commentary on need or otherwise to run another from back of alternator to 'main distribution point of car' e.g. starter motor would be helpful. Car electricks are me as you can probably tell.

I have a '68 TR5PI. Having read and notice how readily the Bosch pump and other itemms are affected as you use the electrics, e.g. turn on fan listen to pump slow down then recover etc and read various recommendations suggestions about uprated alternators , bought on. 45 amp from Moss. The wiring documentation I have access to suggests that the current alternator should have 3 wires exiting the alternator going to the 'control box'. Mine only has 2 both brown/yellow one thick one thin. Control box is mounted on inside of wing and appears to be 'connected'. Questions are really, if I swap altrernator to typoe with control box inside what should I do with wiring ? Any commentary on need or otherwise to run another from back of alternator to 'main distribution point of car' e.g. starter motor would be helpful. Car electricks are me as you can probably tell.

Just changed my alternator too (250 with TR5 harness), You can disconnect the control box (just unplug and tuck). Connect the thick brown to the large terminal (either if there are two terminals as they should be connected together) the thin bn/yellow goes to the small terminal for the indicator light. I also connected another wire from the case earth to engine block , as it was already there anyway, but not really required.

john

look in the moss catalouge it shows you what to do

if you do not follow that ring them they are quite helpfull especially as you have bought the alternator off them.

My 45 amp alternator came off a sherpa van and had 3 conectors exiting it .i just unpluged the box on the inner wing and followed the advise in mossses catalouge

Any commentary on need or otherwise to run another from back of alternator to 'main distribution point of car' e.g. starter motor would be helpful. Car electricks are me as you can probably tell.

To deal with the increased output I ran a second wire of around 30amps capacity to the positve battery terminal. To avoid risk of electric fire.

To deal with the increased output I ran a second wire of around 30amps capacity to the positve battery terminal. To avoid risk of electric fire.

Thanks guys , I will try to do the upgrade then.