Just trial fitting Securon inertia reel belts to the car.... I fitted reel to wheelarch but looks as though there may be a problem when hood is down. If you have similar, how have you fitted yours? (photo?)

Can they be fitted to bottom of the doorpost instead? Instructions gave no specific info for the TR apart from some small print mentioning the problem!, but various brackets are included to help offset etc.

thanks

john

Hi John, glad to see you got the car going, tell your camera person to stand still next time!!.

Re the seat belts, mine were on the arch when I had a hood and suffered no problems, trouble with the bottom of the wheel arch is that it gives you about 3in less room to slide the seats back which is why I moved them to the wheel arch. See Roger Williams' How to Restore page 160 for photo.

Regards

Wyn

Hi John, glad to see you got the car going, tell your camera person to stand still next time!!.

Re the seat belts, mine were on the arch when I had a hood and suffered no problems, trouble with the bottom of the wheel arch is that it gives you about 3in less room to slide the seats back which is why I moved them to the wheel arch. See Roger Williams' How to Restore page 160 for photo.

Regards

Wyn

Thanks for that Wyn, the camera person was ME!...I filmed it on a micro £35 camera.... no real viewfinder...and I was obviously excited running up and down :P

I don't have the Williams book, (hence by incessant quest for answers on the forum) :blink:

john

If you have a 250, 5 or 6, then both that book and the 'how to improve' are well worth the money. If you want to give me a ring (01970) 820629 I'll try and explain where it's fitted, unless someone more clever that me manages to post a photo on this site.

Wyn