Guy, the standard one works fine if you make sure the sump flange isn't distorted, you can true it up by making a hardwood dolly, clamp it in a vice and go round the flange with a hammer trueing up any distortions. I don't know if anyone supplies ready made cork gaskets but places like Frost etc sell it in sheets to cut yourself.

I use red Hermatite on it but some people prefer Hylomar.

Ron

Edited by ron
Guy, the standard one works fine if you make sure the sump flange isn't distorted, you can true it up by making a hardwood dolly, clamp it in a vice and go round the flange with a hammer trueing up any distortions. I don't know if anyone supplies ready made cork gaskets but places like Frost etc sell it in sheets to cut yourself.

I use red Hermatite on it but some people prefer Hylomar.

Ron

Thanks Ron,

The one i have is from Rimmer, not cork , but is much thicker than the one that was on it.

Thanks for the advise

Cheers

Guy

Guy

The last couple of gaskets I've bought [from different sources] were about 1/32" thick grey synthetic card type stuff. I think if I was going to experiment with a different material I would try thin rubber.

Ron

Edited by ron

Years ago you could by sheets of cork everywhere, but these days they are very hard to find, especially the alu reinforced sheets. For years I'm looking for them, to finally fabricate a proper gasket for my light alloy valve cover. Lately I received a catalogue from a German Classic Car shop and they advertised cork in differend thickness, but they apply rather prohibitive transport costs for a piece of cork... :angry::angry: