Hi all, iv,e started to reassemble the surrey rear screen with a new rubber,is there a special way to make the glass fit better in the corners above the b posts, the screen rubber seems to short and leaves a gap,thanks in advance,regards nick.

Nick unfortunately that can happen with repro rubbers, it is possible by careful packing on the corners of the glass to stretch the rubber so it goes into the corners better. Use sections of belting rubber cut in strips and inserted into the channel were the glass sits and also if it is still a little short the careful use of some black seelastik sealer to reprofile the rubber into the corners.

Stuart.

Nick unfortunately that can happen with repro rubbers, it is possible by careful packing on the corners of the glass to stretch the rubber so it goes into the corners better. Use sections of belting rubber cut in strips and inserted into the channel were the glass sits and also if it is still a little short the careful use of some black seelastik sealer to reprofile the rubber into the corners.

Stuart.

Thanks again stuart,i will give it a go,where can i get seelastik from,regards nick.

Thanks again stuart,i will give it a go,where can i get seelastik from,regards nick.

Nick the one I use is used by windscreen fitters to fit bonded windscreens so it is a one time only fix but very useful to extend rubbers that are short. Most Paint suppliers keep it, or if you have a National windscreens branch near you (other windscreen fitters are available!) they may sell you a tube.

Stuart.