Rolling road

A little confused.

I realise that the BHP output figures quoted by the rolling road power run are related to the wheels. The engine BHP is a calculation from that figure. Losses of power through the transmission seems to be accepted as 18%. So should the BHP at the flywheel be 208 + 18% = 245.4 BHP or should it be 253.5 - 18% = 207.9 BHP.

Would appreciate some clarification,

Regards

Noel

Edited by oily

Noel,

A bit of straightforward maths.

If 208 is 82% of the total power output (allowing for losses of 18%), flywheel bhp is calculated as follows:

208/82*100=253.66 bhp at the flywheel, assuming your assumptions and reading are correct and accurate.

What on earth have you done to it!!!!?

Regards and congratulations

David

Thanks David,

That clears up matters and makes me a few percent happier. I think i may have just had a good wind behind me. The numbers are good as they came from Pete Burgess. Dont want to say to much untill ive taken it to Bruntingthorpe for a real run and video.

Thanks again

Noel