Dashboard crash pads

I want to change my dashboard crash pads. However, I've heard the quality of remanufactured ones is not very good (bad fitting, lower ones being too short, etc).

Any thought on the subject?

Are all dealers selling the same ones or do they have different sources?

I'm looking for the best quality, not necessarily the best price

Thank you for your advice!

Pierre

i fitted new crash pads to my 5 and they were not very good i think i got mine from moss

at the same time some one gave me the centre (switch one)from rimmer which seamed better however it was shorter than the moss one with a different profile so would have looked wrong if used with the other two.

also the bolts that hold them on are hopeless and tend to turn in the foam and you may find the original metal suporting bracket for the switch plinth will not be there,and there will be just about enough thread sticking out of your control cables to get your retaining nuts back on.in short mine are rubbish and i have yet to see satisfactory ones.

sorrry i could not be more helpfull but as far as i can see you will have to take your best guess and improvise and or live with the poor repacements i have seen.

Thank you bonjovi so that's what i was fearing to hear but then it saves me ordering stuff i would be disappointed of... I suppose I'll have to find a trimmer who can do sth out of my original ones... (£££ and not so original looking in the end though...)

I want to change my dashboard crash pads. However, I've heard the quality of remanufactured ones is not very good (bad fitting, lower ones being too short, etc).

Any thought on the subject?

Are all dealers selling the same ones or do they have different sources?

I'm looking for the best quality, not necessarily the best price

Thank you for your advice!

Pierre

hello Pierre,

I just fitted new lower crash pads from Moss.... they are a rubbery moulded 'one piece' design with the grain moulded in..... when initially trial fitted they appeared to be about 1/2" short of the switch plinth on both sides.....on further examination they are actually the correct length, but the fixing studs (now M5 by the way) do not match the metal dash holes....after elongating the holes (outer ones by about 1/2") I used 6mm drill and finished off with a Dremel grinder...they now fit and look OK..... if a bit 'shiny' at the moment.....

john

also the bolts that hold them on are hopeless and tend to turn in the foam

I got a complete new set for my 4A from Carl at TR Trader, he said they came from some character in the States, fitted well but had a problem with one of the bolts. And they are not too shiny and if anything were a very tight fit.

P8120096-1.jpg

Justin