does anybody know if any of the main tyre dealers can cope with wire wheels, I live in the Stockport area if that helps

cheers

I didn't think so but a local firm (Dorset) rebalanced one of my wheels much to my surprise after mending a puncture. They seemed to understand about locating the wheel on the inner and outer cones and not the splines, so it can be done. Does anybody know what tyres are available for wire wheels on the 6? I have failed to get much response from local dealers.

I didn't think so but a local firm (Dorset) rebalanced one of my wheels much to my surprise after mending a puncture. They seemed to understand about locating the wheel on the inner and outer cones and not the splines, so it can be done. Does anybody know what tyres are available for wire wheels on the 6? I have failed to get much response from local dealers.

I've just had a new set of Michelin XAS 165/15's fitted to my wire wheels.

Bought through Longstone tyres, also very helpful for advice etc. They advertise in the classic car press or Google them