Hello

I am about to paint the dash and steering column components (outer column and cowls) as part of my TR4 rebuild. Thing is, I'm too sure what sort of paint I should be using. The guy doing it has suggested that I use an automotive paint with a clear coat. I was thinking just regular enamel paint. Has anyone been through this recently who can recommend what I should use?

Thanks

Myles

Hello

I am about to paint the dash and steering column components (outer column and cowls) as part of my TR4 rebuild. Thing is, I'm too sure what sort of paint I should be using. The guy doing it has suggested that I use an automotive paint with a clear coat. I was thinking just regular enamel paint. Has anyone been through this recently who can recommend what I should use?

Thanks

Myles

Myles I normally use straight black cellulose although you may have a bit of a job to get it now. the aerosols that you can get from motor factors are now acrylic and need careful spraying to avoid runs or poor finish.

Stuart.

Jawel Paint, mail order tel 0121 558 6193, will make you an aerosol of cellulose paint, any colour you want.