Engine Swap

Hi All

Some of you may remember that I started planning and building a new engine for my car about 18 months or more ago. Well it's swap-over time at last! Old engine out this weekend and new one in next weekend. It will still be a while before it is up and running properly. But at least I've finally made a start (with assistance from oldest offspring).

Attached pics show engine and box out and empty engine bay:

The gesture by my goodself is not aimed at anyone here, but at the photographer (seen leaning on the engine in the other picture) who muttered something about not seeing the point of taking one load of cr*p out of the engine bay just to relace it with another load of cr*p! :lol:

I will keep you all informed of progress, which may be a little slow. There are still a number of problems to be overcome. :(

Cheers and thanks to all those who provided advice when I started the engine build.

Tony

Hi All

Some of you may remember that I started planning and building a new engine for my car about 18 months or more ago. Well it's swap-over time at last! Old engine out this weekend and new one in next weekend. It will still be a while before it is up and running properly. But at least I've finally made a start (with assistance from oldest offspring).

Attached pics show engine and box out and empty engine bay:

The gesture by my goodself is not aimed at anyone here, but at the photographer (seen leaning on the engine in the other picture) who muttered something about not seeing the point of taking one load of cr*p out of the engine bay just to relace it with another load of cr*p! :lol:

I will keep you all informed of progress, which may be a little slow. There are still a number of problems to be overcome. :(

Cheers and thanks to all those who provided advice when I started the engine build.

Tony

Tony your son sounds like my pal of 25 years,we was clearing up the garage the other day and he said why dont you just get a skip, oh dear i thought ,some people just dont get it,good luck with engine, i started mine today after a rebuild and working on it for 12 months [the whole car] not just the engine,the car was in storage for 15 years [4a] hopefully back on the road soon,regards nick.

Yep, Baldrick's garage is usually a tip, but he did find a long lost family portate when recently clearing it out:

black.gif

Anyway, I’m going to start taking bets as when the new engine fires up and moves the 6 under its own ‘steam’! My bet is that it will ready just after Le Mans 08!!

Place your bets ................

Over to you Baldrick to prove me/us wrong...................

Cheers

‘George’