trailing arm bushes

i want to replace the bushes in my trailing arms. i have looked at all the advice that has been given in the past and to be honest i am still undecided what bushes to fit. at present i am drawn to the ones that the tr shop are selling as they look as though they are easyer to fit as they are in 2 halves has any one used these? i will not be using the car for track days etc.so what would readers recomend for fast road use but also dont shake my teeth out

Bob

Bob,

Without doubt I would use SuperPro polyurethane bushes. They are better than other polyurethane bushes. They won't shake teeth out like nylon bushes will and won't disintegrate quickly like rubber bushes will.

My TR6 had them when I rebuilt it. I assume it still has them as I have since sold it.

My TR3a has them. This is an all singing all dancing fast road car.

My TR4 rally car has them.

My TR5 will have them when it is rebuilt.

They are available from either Moss or Revington TR. They may well be available from elsewhere.

Regards

David

Bob,

Without doubt I would use SuperPro polyurethane bushes. They are better than other polyurethane bushes. They won't shake teeth out like nylon bushes will and won't disintegrate quickly like rubber bushes will.

My TR6 had them when I rebuilt it. I assume it still has them as I have since sold it.

My TR3a has them. This is an all singing all dancing fast road car.

My TR4 rally car has them.

My TR5 will have them when it is rebuilt.

They are available from either Moss or Revington TR. They may well be available from elsewhere.

Regards

David

I would heartily endorse what David recommends above. I've had them on the car since 1995 when I started hillclimbing and I've since been abroad in the car many times and there is no detectable harshness through the bushes from the road to the car. Just fit them!

Incidentally, I use the nylon/stainlees steel bushes on the front wishbones rather than the poly bushes and they are brilliant..they really help the front turn-in, no discernable harshness and were fitted around the same time as the rear bushes. It took a little time to get the 'drop' (tightness) correct on the wishbones but it was well worth it. Hope this helps. :)