Witchcraft - Ok, Electrics

Hi All

My Kenlowe fan ceased working the other day, not sure when exactly but had a near catastrophe, I was getting very warm!

I have checked all the connectors and cleaned up the ones looking dubious so they appear to be clean.

I still have no fan, fuse looks ok and everything else works.

What is the life expectancy of these things? Not that I know how old mine is.

And can I check it works without cutting wires? If so, how?

Many thanks

Rob

Hi Rob.

Follow the wires out of the fan until you come to the plug joint,it should be 2 wires,1 earth+1 power,unless its a 2 speed fan!! connect these direct to a battery as you would to test a bulb,if the fan works,the fault is elsewhere,bypass the temp sensor,if fan works your wiring is ok and the sensor is probably duff. have you got a manual override switch to power it up if you want it on earlier? if so bypass that as well to eliminate it. It is a slow process of methodical elimination.

Life expectancy depends on how often its driven and how hot it gets!! its obviously over at least a year as they normally warrant them for that!!

Will probably last just a week over 1yr and it goes kaput,"sods law comes into in effect"!!

If your fan does work,and your sensor is duff,you can wire it up to a manual switch in the car and just turn it on when it gets warm!!

Edited by PILKIE

Sorry boys, false alarm.

Found an earth from the manual switch which was looking a little sorry. It was connected under the dash and I didn't see it earlier.

Thanks Pilkie, methodical examination.

Might go out for a blast now :lol:

Regards

Rob

Might go out for a blast now :lol:

Regards

Rob

GO FOR IT!!! WISH I COULD :huh: MINES STILL STRIPPED WAITING FOR REPAINT :(

SOON!!!! VERY SOON!!!! :D:D

Edited by PILKIE