Ignition Timing

Hi all,

Had my 4a's timing set up on a rolling road a couple of years ago, run with webers etc. It was set at max advance 29 degrees no complaints, ran like this till two weeks ago whilst cleaning the engine bay up I accidently moved the dizzy, numptees at the r/road hadn't nipped it up and I cannot get the timing set back so I'm happy with it. There are no timing marks on the crank pully except for the tdc mark I put there with tippex.

Any suggestions or is it back to the rolling road

Many Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Find a long straight road, drive at about 30-35mph in top and floor it. Repeat runs and adjust timing until it starts to pink, then back it off slightly. Fortunately you know that the carburation etc will still be set for the original advance achieved by the rolling road blokes and all you need to do is find the max advance possible without pinking. (Honest officer ;) - might be worth find a bit of deristricted road!)

have fun

Adey

Edited by Ade-TR4