Help for the new guy, Please!?

Greetings fellow wedge owners!

Hate my first encounter with the forum to be begging help, but have no option!

How do you open a 7's bonnet when the release cable snaps???????????

If anyone out there can help I would be very grateful, and should I ever get this beastie on the road, would be happy to provide a pint as payment!

Grimleaper... Welcome! That's what the two holes in the mesh [under the slotted grille in the bonnet] at the base of the windscreen are for: One hole is for LHD models, the other RHD models.

Carefuly insert a screwdriver.....

Good Luck... Maxwell ;)

I would heartily recommend Jim Johnson's excellent piece on this prob located at :

http://www.trdrivers.com/tr7_bonnet_release_problems.html

Had to use it once - it works! And does minimal/zero damage to paintwork etc if you're careful. Well worth investing in a 13mm or 1/2in ring spanner with the shaft bent near the ring to improve ease of access - you can buy them on ebay (about £15) 'as used by TR Register members' - or am I being cynical?

Anyway, try Jim's approach - it worked for me :rolleyes:

Kevin

Grimleaper,

Hopefully it will be one of the first options note the cables pulls the bonnet catch towards the passenger side so push the catch that way. Don't use brut force.

If your cars on the road and going to the national, I would be willing to open it for a pint

Jim Johnson

Edited by tr7jim