Spare wheel cover

Hi ALl,

Anyone got an original spare wheel boot cover that they could email me a picture of. I toolk mine apart some time ago and had the metal bits blast cleaned. I took careful note of the positions of how it went together and some photos too, but, all in vien. A move of house has not revealed whereabouts of notes or photos and I cant quite see how it goes back together? E.g. what are the 2 tabs protruding from the most comples folded bar for?

ANy piccy's appreciated

Thanks

Hi Ian

Wouldn't mid a copy of the pics if you get any, my '5" doesn't have a cover, so any hints before I make one would be great

Cheers

Andy

Hi ALl,

Anyone got an original spare wheel boot cover that they could email me a picture of. I toolk mine apart some time ago and had the metal bits blast cleaned. I took careful note of the positions of how it went together and some photos too, but, all in vien. A move of house has not revealed whereabouts of notes or photos and I cant quite see how it goes back together? E.g. what are the 2 tabs protruding from the most comples folded bar for?

ANy piccy's appreciated

Thanks

ANy piccy's appreciated

Thanks

Hi Ian,

I have a picture of my original TR4 spare wheel cover. They are all

but identical. The tabs on the 5 are a bit longer, and the cover is

packed up to allow a 5" wheel rather than the 4½" on the 4.

My computer doesn't seem to let me post pictures, but if you PM me

with your email address, I will oblige with a photo.

AlanR

• 4 weeks later...

THanks for that, have had some pics of a 4a sent to me (thanks Alan), and have now reconstructed my TR5 spare wheel cover though not quite finished yet as I had a few other problems.. If anyone wants pictures let me know

CHeers

So here are some photo's. Hope it is what you want. This will be the first of a couple of posts, I have some diagrams and notes to follow. I think enough to build one from scratch.

The cover photo'd has had the rivets for the "rear support" replaced with self tappers and I don't think the pop rivets along the sides are original ?

Have fun... more to come..

Tony. C

'71 TR6

These are the last two pics I have taken.

I have some diagrams but I need to work out how to clear the attachment cache before I can post these.

Patience required.......

Tony. C

'71 TR6

Haven't been able to add diagrams of the support brackets but can supply by email.

Tony. C

'71 TR6

Edited by Tony.C