Woohoo! New car! Wot radio?

Hi,

I'm about to take possession of my new beastie. It's a 1980 FHC auto which I'm buying from it's original owner of 27 years. It appears to be in fabulous condition and has been in daily use since the day it was born, never off the road and no problems. The only changes that have been made to it are

1) electonic ignition

2) Capri front brakes

3) Revolution 5 spoke wheels

4) CD player.

I'd like to keep it mostly original if possible. If anyone knows what radio the car would have originally had, that would be great.

Many Thanks

Amanda

Amanda,

The TR7 did not come with a Radio Cassette but speakers were fitted in the door trims. Leyland cars have a unipart period radio fitted some times and my two cars have Pioneer Radio Cassette fitted. You are looking at going original, all you need to find is a period model which fits.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Amanda,

The TR7 did not come with a Radio Cassette but speakers were fitted in the door trims. Leyland cars have a unipart period radio fitted some times and my two cars have Pioneer Radio Cassette fitted. You are looking at going original, all you need to find is a period model which fits.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for that. I didn't realise they didn't come with one. Will now go on a search!

Amanda

Hi,

I'd like to keep it mostly original if possible. If anyone knows what radio the car would have originally had, that would be great.

Many Thanks

Amanda

AM/FM cassette radios were available as a dealer fitment from around 1979 on. As the manufacture of cassettes is about to stop, if you fit a cassette radio, I would go out and buy a few blanks! These radio were normally the two knob type, some also had push buttons.

As interest the Acclaim was fitted with a Triumph branded MW/LW cassette radio.

Autojumbles or even local boot sales can a good source for the AM/FM cassette type.

AM/FM cassette radios were available as a dealer fitment from around 1979 on. As the manufacture of cassettes is about to stop, if you fit a cassette radio, I would go out and buy a few blanks! These radio were normally the two knob type, some also had push buttons.

As interest the Acclaim was fitted with a Triumph branded MW/LW cassette radio.

Autojumbles or even local boot sales can a good source for the AM/FM cassette type.

Thanks for the advice Dave. Cassettes about to stop being made? Scandalous!

Thanks for the advice Dave. Cassettes about to stop being made? Scandalous!

Hi Amanda this might interest you on USA ebay item number 250124159275 said to be a genuine Tr7 radio.

Regards Moe