TR6 - Dishing around wiper spindles

Whilst sorting the dreaded heater plenum pipe rot on my CR TR6 ( excellent welding skills by Cumbria Group Leader !) we noticed that the area beneath the plastic blocks that hold washer jets on wiper spindles had been crudley dished tilting forward. This had been hidden by the fittings when in place. The panel on which the windscreen sits is in good condition apart from this and may have been replaced in a previous restoration. Should this area be flat on a CR TR6?

I know that panel would be different between CP and CR due to change from flap to grill for heater plenum but why should there be dishing around the spindles ?

Anyone out there with any ideas?

MARK

I have seen that on a few cars usually because someone has struggled to get the wiper arms off previously and in levering them off have bent the panel. It should be flat FWIW in that area regardless of CP or CR model.

Stuart.