Hi all

Had my tr4 for 7 years now it was rebuilt by a previous owner and back on the road in 1997,he unforntunately passed away soon after and the car was purchased as an investment and was not used much although serviced and mot done every year.It has now done 10000+ miles and is starting to shake and rattle more than it used too, at the front in particular,we have checked all the body mounting bolts and the h frame etc some did tighten a little.All the suspension bushes etc appear ok,

Do the body mount rubbers become hard over the years so would it be an idea to replace these some at a time of course so as not to upset the dimensions.?

Cheers Phil...

Hi Phil ~

If you want body mounting 'rubbers' which are indestructible then pay a visit to your local Fire Station

and ask if they have any lengths of withdrawn Duraline plastic covered canvas hose.

This is what I used on my TR (obviously!). It's easily cut up using a sharp craft knife.

Duraline hose virtually lasts forever. The only reason it is withdrawn is because it may have burst under

very high water pressure.

Tom. ;)