Air Vent flap re-assembly

Can anyone tell me how the spring should be fitted? I can see where the 2 ends go but which way round and where does the other end go?

Hello bsb, everything Don says is right. However, my spring does not look like his spring, and this could be important. His spring "loop" faces down, while mine faces up. This makes a BIG difference: when I bought my car, the spring was installed upside-down and the lid would only open about 1 inch. I had a dickens of a time reversing it, but I can't find out where I originally posted it. Must be another forum.

Regardless, if my photo below doesn;t show up, I can add this: hook the spring ends into the lid holes LAST. Originally, I hooked them up first, but the tension was so strong that I couldn't line up all the things I needed to line up.

Good luck. This was one molehill that I made into a mountain.

ScuttleVent001.jpg