Red Rose Bulletin - May 2020
RED ROSE MAY BULLETIN
Life In Lock Down!!
Hello everyone we hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunshine long may it last!
Life in lockdown is certainly a bit different to what we are all used to. It’s hard to know what day it is sometimes and the main topics of conversation in our house seem to be about what we are eating, when we are eating it and if it’s too early to have a drink!
I fear we are having more than our allocated units and I have begun to take the recycling bin out under cover of darkness in the hope that no one will hear the empty bottles clanking!
NON DRIVE IT DAY !
Thank you to everyone who put photos of their cars on the Red Rose facebook page to celebrate non Drive It Day and in particular thanks to Mike Biddulph for his virtual tour of the day we should have had! It looked great and hopefully we will be able to do it next year!
In the meantime if you go to the federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs web site driveitday.co.uk you can go on Drive It Day memories and see lots more pictures that have been uploaded by various car clubs to celebrate this year’s event! You can also see Drive It Days past including our trip to the Crich Tramway Museum in 2018.
Although we can’t actually go out in our cars at the moment everyone seems to have been very busy working on them and you have all been posting pictures of your projects and car related purchases on the Red Rose facebook page.
Here are some of our favourite ones for April:
Car ferry for the September Red Rose Scotland Trip – Keith and Lynda Lewin
Lockdown restoration – Nigel and Rosemary Moss
TR Racer – David Bailey’s TR3a
Drive it day – 2018 Crich Tramway Museum with Red Rose, Stoke and Trent Groups
The face book page is a great way for us all to stay connected during these uncertain times and also provides us with some much needed humour. Please keep the posts and photos coming during May if only so I have something to put in the next bulletin!
EVENT THIS SUNDAY MAY 3RD
THE NATIONAL STAY AT HOME MOTOR SHOW!
Classic for Carers is an at home motoring eve net for all classic car and bike enthusiasts aimed at raising funds for NHS Charities Together
The fundraiser hopes to provide some light relief in lock-down, with Sunday 3rd May set to invite owners of motoring machinery to stage a national static event at home.
Supporting the ‘stay at home’ mantra, Classics for Carers aims to raise money for front-line carers, by appealing to enthusiasts, to purchase an event rally plate or stickers for their vehicles (where all profits go to the NHS charity) or make a donation via the event’s JustGiving charity page.
On the 3rd of May you are invited to share pictures of your classic car on your drive either on line or via social media using #classicsforcarers
More details are available at www.classicsforcarers.com or use the link on the Red Rose Facebook page
Sadly as you will be aware most of our planned events up to June/July have been cancelled or postponed (Refer to updated events schedule below)
We are however still hoping that our 50th anniversary celebrations will go ahead in August but we will update you on this nearer the time depending on what the government is advising us to do
We also have high hopes for our Red Rose cinema trip
Red Rose Private Cinema Screening – The World’s Fastest Indian, Sunday 18th October
This is a new event and will be held on the 18th October with lunch followed by a private screening of “The World’s Fastest Indian” at the Woolton Picture House, Woolton Village Liverpool
Email Jonathan / Caroline at email@example.com with your name and contact details to book your place
PLANS FOR 2021
2020 is not looking like it will have many car events in so we all need to look ahead to next year more than ever and start making plans!
Suggestions so far include a holiday to France, A weekend in Wales with a visit to Portmeirion and the ever popular Coast to Coast. If you have anything you would like us to look into doing in 2021 please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You all have plenty of time to come up with ideas so get your thinking caps on!
As many of you will know Sandra Baran was diagnosed with cancer last year and it is with a heavy heart that I must now tell you that Sandra passed away peacefully last weekend.
Sandra loved to travel and she was a keen birdwatcher and wild life photographer, she had a great sense of humour and loved to spend time socialising with her friends at various events were she was always the first to volunteer to help out. Sandra was also a regular at the Traws, Aysgarth and Leicester weekends as well as on many trips abroad.
Sandra was a true character and a real one off and she will be sadly missed by everyone who knew her.
Our thoughts at this sad time are with her and Chris with whom she shared a love of all things TR.
We will always remember you Sandra.
We will be back next month with another bulletin and in the mean time STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE!
Events Schedule update
- 1, 2, 3rd May – Traws Weekend – Cancelled and rescheduled for May 2021
- 1 ,2, 3rd May – Donnington Historic Festival - Cancelled
- 8th May - Gawsworth classic car show – Red Rose Stand – Cancelled
- 17th May –Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting – Cancelled, Post meeting run to The Secret Bunker, - To be rescheduled
- 17th May Standard Triumph / TR Register Picnic, Walton Hall Hotel, Warwickshire - Cancelled
- 23rd May – Weaver Wander Classic Car Rally - Red Rose group booking, - Currently rescheduled for 12th September
- 24, 25th May – Capesthorne Classic Car show and Run - Cancelled
- 25th May – Young Timer car show Gawsworth post 1970 cars – Cancelled
- 6th and 7th - June Tatton Park classic and performance car show – Cancelled and currently rescheduled as joint show on the 15, 16th August combined with Classic and Passion for Power show - Red Rose Stand pending status of TR Register IWE
- 12 -14th June – TR Register Derbyshire - Cancelled
- 14th June Big Boys Breakfast – Cancelled with revised date TBC
- 14th June – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting Cancelled pending status of UK Gov guidance for June
- 3,4,5th July Aysgarth Weekend – Red Rose cars attending pending status of UK Gov guidance for July
- 5th July – Lydiate Classic Car Show – Status to be confirmed pending UK Gov guidance for June
- 5th July – Leighton Hall, Classic Car Show, Carnforth (pre booking required) Mark Woodward Events - Re scheduled for Sunday 9h August – See Mark Woodward Event web site for details
- 9-12th July – Goodwood Festival of Speed – Cancelled with revised date TBC
- 12th July – Red Rose Cock at Budworth meeting and afternoon run – Details to be confirmed pending status of UK Gov guidance for July
- 12th July – BMC, British Leyland and TR Register 50th event at National Motor Museum Gaydon – Pre booking required before 5th July – Refer to TR Register web site for details. – Currently onpending status of UK Gov guidance for July
- 19th July – Wirral Historic Vehicle Rally, - Currently on pending status of UK Gov guidance for July
Please click here for pdf version: Red-Rose-Bulletin-May-2020.pdf