Red Rose Bulletin - June 2018
RED ROSE JUNE BULLETIN
FIRST SOME IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS AND BOOKING DEADLINES
TR FEST - 4TH AUGUST 2018
Entries are coming in with fifty percent of the places already taken. TR Register regional groups, Stag Owners club and TSSC have booked their places already.
We need Red Rose members to register their entry now!
Email email@example.com for all event details and to get a booking form.
We still require volunteers to assist with the following
We had a great team of volunteers in 2016 and if you are willing to help with any of the above roles please email Jonathan and Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Car Fest 2018 27th – 29th July Bolesworth Estate
There are currently spaces available for any of the three days at a significant reduction in the entry cost compared to entry for day visitors, assuming you can get a ticket.
This is your last chance to register before tickets are released to all register members
12th August – Red Rose August meeting at Stonyhurst Classic Car Show, Clitheroe
August Red Rose meeting will be at Stoneyhurst College classic car show which is a new event in the classic car calendar.
Red Rose will have a dedicated display area and it is a great opportunity for some of our northern members to join us at what should be an enjoyable day at an interesting venue.
Cars have to be on site from 10:30 and you are free to leave as and when you want. This is likely to be a popular event with the classic car community and a wide range of classic cars is anticipated to be in attendance with a number of trade stalls and the option to enter your car for judging in the concourse events
Cost for vehicle including drive and passenger is £5 please email email@example.com confirming name postal address and car registration. Tickets will be posted to all entrants prior to the event
Entries are starting to come in for this event and we need Red Rose members who would like to attend to register their interest now so we can secure our stand
Tatton Car Show 18th / 19th August 2018
Closing date for August Tatton show is Sunday 30th June 2018 - Pre booking is essential email Caroline / Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org for event details and booking arrangements or look up the event details on the TR Register Red Rose web site
Gold Cup Oulton Park August Bank Holiday weekend
Closing date for bookings is Sunday 8th July 2018- Pre booking is essential email Caroline / Jonathan at email@example.com for event details and booking arrangements or look up the event details on the TR Register Red Rose web site
It seems like we may finally have the long awaited barbeque summer we have been promised for so long.
Red Rose members have been making the most of the sunny weather attending events across the country.
Along with our monthly meeting we had cars at the ever popular Traws weekend, the Marches Spring Festival in Ludlow and a great turnout at Gawsworth Hall Car Show.
Over the May bank holiday weekend we had six cars on The Weaver Wander navigational run although one car didn't arrive home quite as planned and three cars spent a lovely sunny day at Capesthorn Classic Car and Bike Show.
Junes arrival and was not so flaming for the first day of the Tatton Park Car Show! A bit of a soggy start but things did improve by Sunday with the sun was shining. We had about 30 cars attending over the two days and the combination of Tony Sherin's car parking skills and the new Red Rose TR information plaque, courtesy of John LeLue, resulted an excellent display .
Closing date for August Tatton is 30th of June so don't hesitate registering your interest as there were a few disappointed members who left their application too late for the June event
Red Rose events team is currently focused on the main event in our calendar this year TR FEST which takes place at The Antrobus Village Hall on 4th August.
It's now less than 60 days away and places are starting to fill up so if you would like to come along to what promises to be a great day email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to confirm your place.
We still need items for the tombola and the car parts bring and buy so have a good hunt round for any unwanted items and bring them along, you might even make some money!
Our August Antrobus meeting on the 12th is on the move! We are doing something new and combining it with a day out at Stoneyhurst Classic Car Show Clitheroe. If you would like to join us please email email@example.com as places are limited.
Antrobus Meeting 10th June
Antrobus meeting on the 10th of June will have a packed agenda including forth coming summer events, important TR Fest news, TR Register International information, summer shows and details of the Red Rose Summer run on the 15th of July.
Whilst the new Antrobus Arms isn't as hoped we have spoken with the new landlord and he is keen to help us make it work for our future meetings.
We are however keen to hear from anyone who is willing to take on the role of organising an alternative venue which would offer similar facilities to the former Antrobus Arms
TR Register and Red Rose Website
If you haven't already done so all members are recommended to log into the members section of the Register Website and sign up to receive email updates. It is an excellent way to be kept up to date of all the latest news and events posted direct to your computer.
Anyone who isn't sure how to register click on the link below for Phil Moss's excellent guide on what to do
The member's car section on The TR Register Red Rose website is starting to fill up and thank you to those who have sent in details of their cars. We very much want as many members as possible to send in their details. Go to the TR Register Red Rose website for details of how to enter you cars details and photos or
E-mail your details to Phil Moss (Red Rose Group Web Editor) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forthcoming Events - June /July
- 10 June – Antrobus meeting and afternoon run- Details to be confirmed
- 17 June – Peaks and Dales Classic Car Run, Hare and Hounds Classic Car Club (Pre booking required) -Red Rose cars attending
- 17 June – Trentham Gardens Classic Car Show (Pre booking required) Gemini Events
- 22, 23, 24 June - Flywheel Festival, Bicester, Oxfordshire (TR Register Stand)
- 22, 23, 24 June - TR Register Leicestershire Group Weekend - email Tony and Ruth Richards or Andy and Jennie Holyoak - email@example.com
- 24 June - Lymm Historic Transport Festival (Pre booking required)
- 29 June – 1 July – Goodwood Festival of Speed
- 29 June – 1 July - TR Register International Weekend, Lincoln
- 1 July – Leighton Hall, Classic Car Show, Carnforth (pre booking required) Mark Woodward Events
- 1 July – Lydiate Classic Car Show (Pre booking required)
- 6, 7, 8 July – Le Mans Classic, (TR Register)
- 8 July – Antrobus meeting and afternoon run
- 13, 14, 15 July - Goodwood Festival of Speed
- 15 July – Red Rose Summer run to North Wales
- 20, 21, 22 July - Silverstone classic, (TR Register)
- 20-23 July –Stoke Group Weekend – Pots, Pits and Peaks - Contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 22 July – Wirral Historic Vehicle Rally) Wirral Classic Car Club – Red Rose cars attending
- 22 July - Capesthorne Classic Car show, (pre booking required) Classic Shows
- 22 July – Lytham Hall Classic Car Show, Lytham St Anne's, Mark Woodward Events (pre booking required)
- 27, 28,29 July - Car Feast North, Bolesworth Castle, Red Rose Stand- email email@example.com for details
- 29 July – Frodsham Classic Car Show, Frodsham & Helsby Rotary Club (pre booking required) www.cheshiremotorshow.co.uk
- 29 July – Bodelwydden Castle Classic Car show, (pre booking required) Classic Shows
- 29 July - Audlem Cheshire Festival of Transport (pre booking required)
Red Rose is changing and growing and there are lots of proposed events planned for the year ahead to suit all of our members so why not take advantage of the opportunities the group offers and come along and join us at one of our meetings or events. All members are welcome.
Jonathan & Caroline Smith
Please click here for the pdf version: Red-Rose-Bulletin-June-2018.pdf