repatriate a TR6 from Tunisia!

I've just come back from a brief holiday in Tunisia, which is full of old Renault 4s and Peugeot 403 pick-ups; nothing else of interest apparently out and about.

However, on the main road South out of Sousse (about 15 kilometres) I got a fleeting glimpse of an abandoned TR6 on the other side of the carriageway, facing North. I could hardly believe my eyes. The car is standing top down and exposed to the (reasonably kind) elements, and appears to be in sound condition. I don't think I saw another British car, dead or alive, apart from a couple of modern Jags, in the whole of the rest of the 9 days.

Of course it is a long way to go, just to rescue the TR - but it might be worth exploring if anyone is out there. Fantastic country for a holiday, by the way - good weather, cheap living and lots of desert.

Tim.

This is funny Tim. when I was in Hamamet a few years ago a British chap working in the hotel drove a TR6, it was BRG and looked rather chabby. The car was very high on wheels, so I had a closer look and noticed that quite serious spacers had been added to the suspension, not strange if you consider the roads down there. I still regret for not having taken some fotos. Anyhow the car had a British registration.