OK I know this topic has come up aload before, and I am really new to register so please simple answers to this question would really help!

I have a TR6 1974 RHD and want to replace the exhaust for a stainless steel one, Ok the thing I'm stuck on is which is the best one to go for and do I go for 6-2-1 then back to two outlets or 6-2-2 all the way, please anyhelp, do these exhausts sound any different and performance? thanks Sean (also does it matter if its a 125hp or 150hp (its a 150hp)

Hi Sean

Depends what you want. The twin exhausts on the back look great but they dont flow as well. The single pipe in my opinion gives better flow and a richer exhaust note. So performance wise people tend to go for the single pipe exhaust.

Manifolds are a much discussed issue. I think the trend is to recommend Pheonix manifolds for general road going cars. They are good, but the stainless construction is a bit loud. Collection depends on the exhaust you choose. I would prefer a 6 3 1 as in the race manifold pictured on another tread.

Noel

Hi Sean

Depends what you want. The twin exhausts on the back look great but they dont flow as well. The single pipe in my opinion gives better flow and a richer exhaust note. So performance wise people tend to go for the single pipe exhaust.

Manifolds are a much discussed issue. I think the trend is to recommend Pheonix manifolds for general road going cars. They are good, but the stainless construction is a bit loud. Collection depends on the exhaust you choose. I would prefer a 6 3 1 as in the race manifold pictured on another tread.

Noel

Thanks Noel

That helps a lot, was getting confused as have seen so many variations of manifold, I was going to go for a 6 into 1 which then branches off again into 2, but will take a look at the single pipe as you suggested, cheers Sean