Water ump issue :-(

Now the car is MOTd, there's just one little thing between me and driven the little beauty!

I rebuilt my 2.0litre engine before putting it back in the bay. Part of the rebuild involved stripping down the water pump and fitting a recon kit. After spotting a water leak from the cylinder block slot, which started as a drip and ended as a fountain I realised that the water pump was not seated correctly. So, off with the manifold (no wonder we have overheating issues - what a c*ap design!) and the water pump cover, out with the water pump - no problems. Now, two things:

1. the water flinger is sheared in two, and noone seems to sell them separately - any suggestions?

2. I don't want to have the same problem reassembling again. the main difficulty I experienced was drifting parts onto the pump shaft, for which BL produced a special tool. Is this tool available or can one be (easily?) made up?

Thanks in advance everybody.

Kevin

Edited by saxchappy