Brake fail and hazzard lights

Was going to post this in the 250/5 section, but the lights should be the same on a '69 TR6. The ones that came with my TR250 project, which by the way is now totally gutted and ready to take to the strippers, were from a later model TR6 which had the word hazzard printed on it. I would like to use the original chrome bezeled ones, and was wondering if the lens was the same color for both the brake fail and hazzard light? One more question.............can i remove a "J" type OD from the back of the gearbox with ease, or must i pressure it and shift out of OD.............my manual was a bit confusing on this part.

thanks in advance,

Mitch

European cars are different from U.S. spec TR6s. U.S. cars had in fact a square hazard warning light. British cars had no hazard light at all if I remember well :(

As Eric mentioned the round light glasses are red.

The problem with the overdrive is that the drive shaft with the pump cam is on the gearbox and the pump drive ring in the o/d <_< and they have to be matched,

taking them apart is no big fuss, but putting them together is another piece of cake, do you plan to do it with the box in the car :huh:

Thanks for the info on the lights, and yes it is the 2 lights above the hazzard switch, was not sure if they were both orange or red.

As far as the OD goes, my plan was to do it on the bench, and mount the gearbox to the engine and install it as one big lump while the body is off.........................There is a trick to remounting it to the gearbox?

thanks,

Mitch

In general it's no problem. You only have to make sure that the mainshaft cam is falling correctly into the cam follower connected to the pump. When off the mainshaft, the follower is off centre as it's pushed up by a spring. You will have to centre it and fix it in position with a wire. Cut the wire just before both parts unite, this will allow the cam to fall into the cam follower. For best seal apply a very thin layer of silicone sealer to both sides of the gaskets. Keep it very thin, not to push residues into the casing, eventually blocking the oil gallery.

There is, or was a very good article about overdrives on the Buckeyetriumph website compiled by Nelson Riddle. Someone on the forum might be able to now where it can be found,as the access to the technical, I think, has been deleted to non members. Anyhow it's a very large file ;)